For After School Art Adventures Terms & Conditions, click here.
Students must be registered in a ‘age/grade-appropriate’ class at the start of a session. We reserve the right to ask for documentation and/or to remove the child from a class that is not age-appropriate. Children MUST be toilet trained. Adult programs can be attended by students of any age 15+.
Allergies & Food Restrictions
Due to severe life threatening allergies, all nut and seed products are STRICTLY prohibited at Rosetta School of Visual Arts.
We love seeing all of the artwork being produced in our programs however, due to limited storage space we are not able to keep work from our Kids & Teens classes at the School for longer than 2 weeks after the end of a term. There is no storage space available for adult artwork at any time. This does not apply to artworks chosen for display or School exhibitions.
Course/Camp Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Registrants may cancel their classes enrolment, without penalty, until 10 days before the first class, after which a non-transferable, non-refundable $25.00 administration fee will be charged. As of the first class no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued. A withdrawal form must be filled out (from the School office). See "Art Camp Policies" for camp withdrawal/refund information.
Registrants may cancel or transfer from their workshop enrolment without penalty, until one day before the start of workshop; after which a non-transferable, non-refundable $10.00 administration fee per person will be charged for workshops costing up to $60.00 pre-tax per person per session, and non-refundable $25.00 fee per person for workshops costing more than $60.00 pre-tax per person per session. A withdrawal form must be filled out online or at the school office.
Refunds will be issued for camp withdrawals/cancellations made 40 days prior to the start of the camp program, after which no refunds or credits will be given. Camp session transfers are subject to availability and a $25.00 administration fee.
RSVA reserves the right to cancel classes due to severe and extreme weather conditions at the discretion of our administration. The School will try to arrange one make-up class date in such circumstances. Should a student not be available for the scheduled make-up class, there will be no refunds or credits issued. Students will be notified in timely manner.
RSVA reserves the right to cancel a course due to low enrolment. Registrants will be notified in timely manner. Registrants may choose to transfer to another course (without penalty) or be issued a refund immediately thereafter.
If a workshop is cancelled due to low enrolment, participants will be given three day’s notice, and refunds will be issued immediately thereafter.
Confirmation of Registration
All students who are registered successfully will receive a confirmation e-mail (or via mail) upon completion of registration. Please call the office at 416.832.2362, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a confirmation email after registration.
Course / Instructor Changes
Rosetta School of Visual Arts reserves the right to make course and/or instructor changes at any time.
All behavioural and/or relevant medical details about your child/ward MUST be disclosed at the time of registration. In case of adverse behavioural episodes/issues, we reserve the right to remove a child from any program. Refunds will not be issued.
If more than one person from the same household registers, or if the same person registers for more than one class within the same term, there will be a 5% discount applied to the second and third registration. A household can include two or more children registered together, a parent (or guardian) and a child, or an individual who has multiple class registrations within the same term. Discounts are applied to two or more class registrations (higher priced classes will be counted), and are not retroactive. If a student withdraws from one class, the discount no longer applies and the student will be charged full tuition for remaining classes. Household discounts do not apply to Workshops, Winter, March Break, or Summer Art Camp Programs.
Fees are paid in full upon registration and are non-transferable. Course fees are prorated for students who register late. Course fees may or may not include materials (see “Materials”).
HST will be added on to the cost of all fees. If payment is not received within seven days prior to the start of the course/camp, we reserve the right to remove the student from the class list. Please note that we do not accept personal cheques as a form of payment. See also “Payment Plans.”
Lunch at School
Lunch supervision is included with full-day camp/course registrations. Students must provide their own lunches and snacks. Due to severe life threatening allergies, nut and seed products are strictly prohibited at RSVA.
Fees for kids’ programs include all materials. Fees for adult and some teen programs do include model fees where applicable, but do NOT include materials, unless otherwise stated.
A material list will be provided where applicable. Students are required to bring their own supplies to class, based on the list provided. Materials lists are sent to students immediately after registration is processed. If you do not receive a materials list soon after registration, please contact us.
Missed Classes / Camps
There are no make-up classes allowed for missed classes or day camps due to illness or vacations without the consent of administration. There are no discounts, refunds or credits for classes or day camps not attended.
Weather-permitting, 20-30 minutes of outdoor activity in the Birch Cliff school yard (next door) is a part of the RSVA daily schedule. We MUST be notified if your child/ward can not participate.
We do not guarantee parking. To park in one in one of the 3 School parking spaces at the back of the building, you must sign in at the office. The School is not responsible for damages to vehicles that may occur in the parking lot. Parking is also available on nearby residential streets. RSVA will not be responsible for parking tickets due to illegal parking.
Payment plans can be arranged for special circumstances. Payment plans must be made through the office with post-dated certified cheques or pre-authorized credit card payments. Some restrictions apply. Please contact us at 416.832.2362 for details.
Pick Up/Drop Off
All children must be picked up on time. After a 10-minute grace period, a late pick-up flat fee of $35.00 will be charged. Ask about our supervised Before and After Care Programs.
Children will only be permitted to leave Rosetta School of Visual Arts (RSVA) with the person(s) designated for pick-up, at the time of registration. Under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave with a person not named. If the named person changes, please inform RSVA promptly.
Private Events, Corporate Workshops & Parties
Email email@example.com, call 416.832.2362 or fill out our Corporate Workshop Enquiry form for details about booking your private, corporate workshop events and parties. A non-transferable, non-refundable 30% deposit is charged up front for all booked private events/workshops—which Rosetta School of Visual Arts will keep in the event of cancellation.
Photography & Publicity
The Rosetta School of Visual Arts reserves the right to take photos and videos in all classes/camps for use in School marketing and promotional materials including brochures, website and social media. Should you object to the publication of image or your child/ward’s image in School promotional materials, please inform the School’s office at the time of registration. Artwork used in the School’s promotional materials may not always credit the artist.
Registration forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVA will not disclose information without your consent, and will only use your contact information to inform you about the courses and services that matter to you. You may also choose to subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about about Rosetta services, events and activities (including fundraising initiatives, programs, special events, open houses, exhibits, and/or performances).
Re-registration for weekly courses is required each term. See “Term Dates.”
The School reserves the right to cancel classes due to severe and extreme weather conditions at the discretion of our administration. There are no refunds issued for such cancelled classes. Students will be notified by phone and/or information can be found on our website and Facebook page. The School will try to arrange one make-up class date in such circumstances. Should a student not be available for the scheduled make-up class, there will be no refunds or credits issued.
Our program ratios vary from 1:6 to 1:10 (teacher:student).We require that all students get plenty of personal attention and are able to participate safely under this supervised ratio, as well as follow our program itinerary.
RSVA Courses are generally offered over three (3) terms over the year: Fall, Winter and Spring. Term dates and lengths may vary. Transferes of time/classes from one term to another will not be allowed. Re-registration is required each term. Camp (Winter, March & Summer) and Workshop registration is announced separately. To receive new term notifications and registration reminders, please subscribe to our mailing list at Rosetta-Art.ca/subscribe.
Transfers from one class to another will not be allowed without the consent of administration. Transfers of time/classes from one term to another will not be allowed. Re-registration for weekly courses is required each term. See "Term Dates."
Visitors & Guests
Due to limited studio space, RSVA does not allow drop-in guests or visitors in classes. Please schedule a tour in advance through the School office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416.832.2362.
If a camp or class is full, you may choose to be placed on a wait list. If a space becomes available, students/families will be called in the order in which they appear on the waitlist. Should you be contacted to fill an available spot, you will be given 24 hours to respond, after which the space will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.
What to Wear
We do not supply smocks and, at times, our art activities can be messy. Please dress in clothing that is comfortable to work in. School aprons and t-shirts can be purchased at the registration counter.
After School Art Adventures Terms & Conditions
- Registration for the 2018–2019 School Year opens on April 9th 2018 for current students and on April 15th for the general public.
- Registration is only available on a full-time basis (Monday–Friday, 3:30–6:00 pm) without exception.
- The cost of the program is $25 per day, and does not include PD Days and Statutory Holidays.
- Our rate is listed per day, however families must commit to the entire term/session of the program at the time of registration.
- The program dates are consistent with TDSB dates.
- Fee includes pickup of children from Birch Cliff Public School and a small fruit snack served at Rosetta. At least two staff will pickup and supervise children while outdoors.
- $75 non-refundable administrative fee will be charged at the time of registration.
- Full payment for each term/session required at the time of registration, or 30 days prior to the start of program.
- 30 days notice, in writing, is required to withdraw your child from the program. Full refunds will be issued, minus the $75 administration fee (paid at time of enrollment).
- Please note we do not accept personal cheques as a form of payment for any of our fees.
- The number of students will be capped at 16 max, with a waiting list.
- Please note that our program ratio is 1 teacher to 8 children. We require that all students get plenty of individual attention and are able to participate safely under this supervision ratio, as well as follow our program itinerary.
- We reserve the right to ask a student to withdraw from the program if they cannot participate safely under this supervision ratio.
- All behavioral and/or relevant medical details about your child/ward MUST be disclosed at the time of registration. In case of repeated adverse behavioural episodes/issues we reserve the right to remove a child from any program without a refund.
- The program ends promptly at 6:00pm. All children must be picked up on time. After a 10-minute grace period, a late pick-up flat fee of $35.00 will be charged.
- Children will only be permitted to leave Rosetta School of Visual Arts (RSVA) with the person(s) named on the registration form. Under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave with a person not named on the form. If the named person changes, please inform RSVA promptly.
- We reserve the right to use photos/images of your child/ward and their work for RSVA marketing and promotional purposes only.
- Nut products are STRICTLY forbidden at RSVA.
- Weather-permitting, 20–30 minutes of outdoor activity in the Birch Cliff playground (next door) is a part of the RSVA daily schedule. We MUST be notified if your child/ward can not participate.
- RSVA must be notified if your child will not be attending class.
- Please dress appropriately for art class. RSVA is not responsible for soiled or damaged clothing/property.