After School Art Adventures Terms & Conditions
- Registration for the 2018–2019 School Year opens on April 9th 2018 for current students and on April 15th for the general public.
- Registration is only available on a full-time basis (Monday–Friday, 3:30–6:00 pm) without exception.
- The cost of the program is $25 per day, and does not include PD Days and Statutory Holidays.
- Our rate is listed per day, however families must commit to the entire term/session of the program at the time of registration.
- The program dates are consistent with TDSB dates.
- Fee includes pickup of children from Birch Cliff Public School and a small fruit snack served at Rosetta. At least two staff will pickup and supervise children while outdoors.
- $75 non-refundable administrative fee will be charged at the time of registration.
- Full payment for each term/session required at the time of registration, or 30 days prior to the start of program.
- 30 days notice, in writing, is required to withdraw your child from the program. Full refunds will be issued, minus the $75 administration fee (paid at time of enrollment).
- Please note we do not accept personal cheques as a form of payment for any of our fees.
- The number of students will be capped at 16 max, with a waiting list.
- Please note that our program ratio is 1 teacher to 8 children. We require that all students get plenty of individual attention and are able to participate safely under this supervision ratio, as well as follow our program itinerary.
- We reserve the right to ask a student to withdraw from the program if they cannot participate safely under this supervision ratio.
- All behavioral and/or relevant medical details about your child/ward MUST be disclosed at the time of registration. In case of repeated adverse behavioural episodes/issues we reserve the right to remove a child from any program without a refund.
- The program ends promptly at 6:00pm. All children must be picked up on time. After a 10-minute grace period, a late pick-up flat fee of $35.00 will be charged.
- Children will only be permitted to leave Rosetta School of Visual Arts (RSVA) with the person(s) named on the registration form. Under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave with a person not named on the form. If the named person changes, please inform RSVA promptly.
- We reserve the right to use photos/images of your child/ward and their work for RSVA marketing and promotional purposes only.
- Nut products are STRICTLY forbidden at RSVA.
- Weather-permitting, 20–30 minutes of outdoor activity in the Birch Cliff playground (next door) is a part of the RSVA daily schedule. We MUST be notified if your child/ward can not participate.
- RSVA must be notified if your child will not be attending class.
- Please dress appropriately for art class. RSVA is not responsible for soiled or damaged clothing/property.
Students must be registered in a ‘grade-appropriate’ class at the start of a session. We reserve the right to ask for documentation and/or to remove the child from a class that is not age-appropriate. Children MUST be toilet trained. Adult programs can be attended by students of any age 15+.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Registrants may cancel their classes enrolment, without penalty, until 10 days before the first class, after which a non-transferable, non-refundable $30.00 administration fee will be charged. As of the first class no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued. A withdrawal form must be filled out online or at the school office. See "Summer Camp Policies" for summer camp withdrawal/refund information.
Registrants may cancel or transfer from their workshop enrolment without penalty, until one day before the start of workshop; after which a non-transferable, non-refundable $10.00 administration fee per person will be charged for workshops costing up to $60 pre-tax per person per session, and non-refundable $20 fee per person for workshops costing more than $60 pre-tax per person per session. A withdrawal form must be filled out online or at the school office.
If a course is cancelled due to low enrolment, registrants will be given one week’s notice. Registrants may choose to transfer to another course (without penalty) or be issued a refund immediately thereafter.
If a workshop is cancelled due to low enrolment, participants will be given three day’s notice, and refunds will be issued immediately thereafter.
Confirmation of Registration
All students who are registered successfully will receive a confirmation e-mail (or via mail) upon completion of registration. Please call the office at 416.832.2362, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receieve a confirmation email after registration.
Course / Instructor Changes
Rosetta School of Visual Arts reserves the right to make course and/or instructor changes at any time.
All behavioural and/or relevant medical details about your child/ward MUST be disclosed at the time of registration. In case of adverse behavioural episodes/issues, we reserve the right to remove a child from any program. Refunds will not be issued.
If more than one person from the same household registers, or if the same person registers for more than one class within the same term, there will be a 5% discount applied to the second and third registration. A household can include two or more children registered together, a parent (or guardian) and a child, or an individual who has multiple class registrations within the same term. Discounts are applied to two or more class registrations (higher priced classes will be counted), and are not retroactive. If a student withdraws from one class, the discount no longer applies and the student will be charged full tuition for remaining classes. Household discounts do not apply to Workshops, Winter, March Break, or Summer Art Camp Programs.
Fees are paid in full upon registration and are non-transferable. Course fees are pro-rated for students who register late. Course fees may or may not include materials (see Materials).
HST will be added on to the cost of all courses and workshops. If payment is not received within seven days, we reserve the right to remove the student from the class list. Returned cheques are subject to a $50.00 fee.
Lunch at School
Lunch supervision is included with full-day camp/course registrations. Students must provide their own lunches and snacks. Due to severe life threatening allergies, nut products are strictly prohibited at Rosetta School of Visual Arts.
Fees for kids’ programs include all materials. Fees for adult and some teen programs do include model fees where applicable, but do NOT include materials, unless otherwise stated.
A material list will be provided where applicable. Students are required to bring their own supplies to class, based on the list provided. Materials lists are sent to students immediately after registration is processed. If you do not receive a materials list soon after registration, please contact us.
- Membership re-registration is required each year
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable
- In the event of inclement weather, emergency or natural disaster, membership holders should confirm open studio facilitation
- Membership is valid when payment is received by cash, debit, cheque, and credit card. A $25 fee will be charged for sufficient funds cheques
- Rosetta Members must accept and adhere to the RSVA Terms & Conditions. RSVA reserves the right to refuse access or revoke the membership of any individual who does not adhere to the Terms & Conditions
- By purchasing a membership you are agreeing to be added to the RSVA mailing list
Missed Classes / Camps
There are no make-up classes allowed for missed classes due to illness or vacations without the consent of administration. There are no discounts, refunds or credits for classes not attended.
Weather-permitting, 20-30 minutes of outdoor activity in the Birch Cliff school yard (next door) is a part of the RSVA daily schedule. We MUST be notified if your child/ward can not participate.
We do not guarantee parking. To park in one in one of the 3 School parking spaces at the back of the building, you must sign in at the office. The School is not responsible for damages to vehicles that may occur in the parking lot. Parking is also available on nearby residential streets. RSVA will not be responsible for parking tickets due to illegal parking.
Due to severe life threatening allergies, all nut products are STRICTLY prohibited at Rosetta School of Visual Arts.
Pick Up/Drop Off
All children must be picked up on time. After a 10-minute grace period, a late pick-up flat fee of $35.00 will be charged. Ask about our supervised Before and After Care Programs.
Children will only be permitted to leave Rosetta School of Visual Arts (RSVA) with the person(s) designated for pick-up, at the time of registration. Under no circumstances will a child be allowed to leave with a person not named. If the named person changes, please inform RSVA promptly.
Private Events, Corporate Workshops & Parties
Email email@example.com, call 416.832.2362 or fill out our Corporate Workshop Enquiry form for details about booking your private, corporate workshop events and parties. A non-transferable, non-refundable 30% deposit is charged up front for all booked private events/workshops—which Rosetta School of Visual Arts will keep in the event of cancellation.
Photography & Publicity
The Rosetta School of Visual Arts reserves the right to take photos and videos in all classes/camps for use in School marketing and promotional materials including brochures, website and social media. Should you object to the publication of image or your child/ward’s image in School promotional materials, please inform the School’s office at the time of registration. Artwork used in the School’s promotional materials may not always credit the artist.
Registration forms are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Online registration payments may take up to 5-10 business days to be processed. Rosetta School of Visual Arts will not disclose information without your consent, and will only use your contact info to inform you about your courses and services that matter to you. You may also choose to subscribe to our mailing list to stay informed about about Rosetta services, events and activities (including fundraising initiatives, programs, special events, open houses, exhibits, and/or performances).
The School reserves the right to cancel classes due to severe and extreme weather conditions at the discretion of our administration. There are no refunds issued for such cancelled classes. Students will be notified by phone and/or information can be found on our voicemail, homepage, Facebook page and Twitter feed. The School will try to arrange one make-up class date in such circumstances. Should a student not be available for the scheduled make-up class, there will be no refunds or credits issued.
Summer Art Camp 2017 Policies
Refunds will be issued for cancellations made prior to June 1, 2017. As of June 2, 2017 there will be no refunds or credits issued, unless approved by administration. All refunds will be issued minus the electronic processing fee (if applicable), non-refundable $50.00 administration fee. Transfers are subject to availability and a $20.00 fee after June 1 2017.
Should a student choose to transfer from one class to another, a $20.00 transfer fee will be charged. A transfer form must be filled out online or at the School office. As of the second class of the term transfers will not be allowed without the consent of administration.
If a class is full, you may ask to be placed on a wait list.
What to Wear
We do not supply smocks. Art class can get messy so please dress in clothing that is comfortable to work in.